TPRF Web Content Editor
TITLE: TPRF Web Content Editor
To furnish TPRF's website with content, e.g. news articles, blog entries, features, stories and Tweets.
Content will include news from internal TPRF volunteers as well as external stories from partner
organizations and current news.
Researching articles about partner organizations and news events as they relate to TPRF, translate web
articles into Twitter feed, and brief summary’s, along with relevant links.
Hit content deadlines (daily…either writing or updating) through pro-active, creative journalism. Stay in
the loop and find angles with regard to TPRF's place in current affairs.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
• Excellent skills in writing English correctly and with fluid style
• Good judgment and common sense about content relevant to TPRF
• Familiarity with blog style and its aim- to promote maximum readership and interaction
• Ability to work with other departments to report and create compelling content
• Ability to instigate user interaction via blog, discussion, comment and Twitter
• volunteer should have daily familiarity with all major news sites (for example, NYTimes.com) and
their RSS feeds
• familiar with social media, twitter, Face book applications (eg causes application)
• Ability to communicate by telephone or SKYPE
4-6 hours per week
• Virtual, From your computer wherever you are
• Location within 6 hours of US Pacific Standard
Please apply with several examples of your writing, along with any links to blogs, sites etc in which you
participate. Project manager interview and references required.
DURATION: One Year, extendable
For more information, please contact TPRF by clicking here . Check "Volunteer Position" on the contact
form, and indicate the role that is of interest to you in the “comment” section.